Tuesday, February 20, 2007

yuko shimizu

YUKO SHIMIZU is an illustrator, educator, and not-so-prolific-at-this-moment fine artist.

After receiving Bachelor's Degree in Advertising and Marketing from Waseda University, she got a position in public relations in corporate Tokyo, Japan. "It was a decent job that never made me happy and I was in mid-life crisis at age of 22. It still took me more than 10 years to figure out what I really wanted to do and to save just enough so I could go back to school full time for 4 more years. That is how I came back to New York where I spent my childhood, and enrolled in School of Visual Arts (SVA)." She received my Master's Degree from Illustration as Visual Essay Program in 2003 and have been illustrating freelance since. She also teach in Illustration Department at SVA.

"I work in SHY Studio in Midtown Manhattan, a space which I share with two wonderful artist friends whom I consider as my New York family."
"Art is a never ending learning process which often times can be painful, but I love everything about it, and I have never gotten into mid-life crisis since."




No comments: